Saturday, January 07, 2006

No Thanks, It's Friday!

Friday was a lazy day. I carried again my gymbag, unused the previous day, hoping this day I'd be able to work out. I went to Greenbelt 1 for lunch and in one hour met my friend Blessy for her business presentation.

Well it was an offer to head a sales team with a Marketing/PR monthly magazine she and her other friend from the Middle East is planning to put up this year. It was kind of ambitious because her friend would want it regional in circulation, with Philippines, Hongkong and Singapore as the initial circulation market. I don't know personally her friend but from her stories, he is in his mid 30's, employed in a multi-billion company and belongs to a wealthy political/business clan from Manila. I'm giving it a wait and see stance before I finally get my teeth into it. Nevertheless it's a project worth pursuing, since the money potential is large and there's not much of similar magazine in the Philippine market.

Late afternoon I went to our tambayan and found at least 7 people already there, including our sisses. I'm still brooding about what topic to propose for the forthcoming Alternative Classroom Learning Experience (ACLE) on Jan. 19. I've set another meeting on Monday 6pm for the brods to deliberate on it, plus a number of urgent issues I wish to discuss.

In the evening we had a bottle of SMB outside our tambayan before heading for Jami's in the Fort where we also had couples of light beers and crisy pata, courtesy of our 2 visiting Alumni from the US. From there, after the elders were summoned by their sleepiness, and others by their wives, the younger us proceeded to Timog for the Brownman Revival gig. It's been a long time that I arrived home feeling sick, drowsy and smoky at 5am.

Anytime today, I'll forcibly drag this gimp body to Fitness First again. Procrastination, you're killing me!

No comments: