Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Good Friday and Me

For years we have been expectant of Good Friday during Lent season. It is the day that the family would visit seven churches and recite Stations of the Cross. We would start in Caloocan, then go down to Manila, Makati, Pasig and lastly to St.Pio of Pietrellcina Chapel in Libis where we would traditionally carry wooden cross on our back as we recite the Station of the Cross. Many would tell me just surrender your ailment to God. Claim that you are healed Jesus is your healer and he loves you. Before they tell me all these hopeful counsel, I have been praying them already miles ahead during the onset of this disease. It's not that I lack faith that this ailment would not go away. I have faith that God would heal me in His time. He will heal me with what ever is best for him be it through prayers, science through DBS or medications. Yes He will heal me in His perfect time. Meanwhile I just have to be patient and keep my faith.

This year's Visita Iglesia though is different. My wife, instead of carrying the wooden cross would carry me through a wheelchair literally the cross she bear for many years now. This year's Visita Iglesia was cut short due to limitations of the physical activities of our elderlies and myself. I can no longer walk far. I can only walk 10 steps and my stomach would start to contract then I go bending again. There is still progression of my truncal dystonia that the Botox given me April 5 failed to activate. From Station 1 to Station 14 I am on wheelchair and my prayer is I can stand again, walk every station just like the former days. I just really hope my DBS will remove all the symptoms and restore me to a new life.

No comments: