Sunday, April 07, 2019

Botox to my stomach

Last April 5, 2019 I went to Dra. Cid Diesta for scheduled consultation. She was surprised to see me dragging my feet and bending forward as I walk. I was't like that last December 2018, my progression came faster in February to April so she immediately scheduled me for the psycho-neuro tests before gathering her 10 man team for DBS.

I immediately got mixed feelings, I am not yet ready to bore my skull, have no fund to finance the cost but the symptom gets worse everyday, with DBS the only remaining option to relieve my dystonic and parkinsonism symptoms. XDP has no cure and medicines can only alleviate certain symptoms but since its progressive medicines can only be effective to a certain point. Accordingly, DBS is most promising because it can be programmed as the symptoms changes over time.

My neurologist set a tentative date of May 2, 2019 for my DBS. I am now preparing for the preconference tests, the fund and all support that I need and we will meet again Dra Diesta on April 24 for the final evaluation. Meanwhile I just hope the botox can help ease my muscle contractions as I prepare for the preliminary requirements of my DBS.

No comments: