Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Stomach Contractions

I observed lately that my body twisting is not caused by flexion from my leg but by contraction from my stomach. The contraction feels like I depress my stomach and I twist right wards. I could not stand still without twisting my torso as my stomach contracts. Other times it's okay but most of the time I twist my upper body. "Abdominal or Truncal Dystonia is uncontrollable and often painful muscle contractions in the trunk which may cause unusual stretching, bending or twisting of the trunk. Truncal dystonia is believed to be caused by incorrect messages from the brain to the muscles." https://www.dystonia.org.uk/truncal-abdomen-dystonia

I read somewhere that as time goes by dystonia diminishes and replaced by parkinsonism. I would prefer that rather than this twisting experience. But I would prefer none of both if given the choice. But sadly, I have no choice.

No comments: