Thursday, July 18, 2019

After My Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS)

Three weeks after my brain surgery I went back to Dr. Oropilla to turn on my battery. It was just like that and I can walk properly already. I still occasionally have stomach contractions but now I can walk straight without bending. I feel I'm 80% well, because some symptoms of parkinsons still manifest. I can now swallow my food and my speech improved, The curling of my right foot slightly disappeared and I can walk normally, There is a small bulge in my skull due to the wiring  that goes to my battery. The battery in my right chest has protrusion and it's where I place the charging device.

For now I start counting to 10 years as life span of the battery before it could be changed. 10 years of quality life because every moment is now more precious as I will not know what happens in between. Without DBS I might have just lived 5 years because the progression symptoms of my XDP is aggressive, I cannot eat, I cannot walk, I cannot sleep. Thank you Lord for the miracle of DBS though its not a cure, it can manage the symptoms to prolong my life. Thank you for all the people who helped me raise fund and for those who prayed. Thank you Dr. Cid Czarina Diesta for all the help. Most specially to my wife Paulette who never gave up when the going gets tough. Here is the video before my battery is turned on and after it was turned on.

No comments: