Friday, August 17, 2007

Coffee Creeps


Every time I go to my favorite Starbucks' counter, any crew would always say ahead of me: "Earl Grey? Hot? Tall sir?" and I would just nod and hand over the bill.

As the crew prepares for my tea, I would pluck that brown tissue and sift for the stirrer at the other side of the counter. By the time I arrive back at the claiming area my tea is done with 2 packs of honey sitting on its cover. And it becomes routinary.

This morning a lady crew asked me why I would always order for hot tea, every time. I told her in jest, now that you’ve asked, I can order for something else. “Can you please serve me a coffee with a tea bag in it?” In seconds, lo and behold, I got my tea-coffee, for a change! Just kidding— I just imagine how would Starbucks be if I can make my own concoction out of what they have.

Why hot tea and not coffee? Simple. Though I love its aroma and would really prefer drinking it than tea, I am allergic with coffee. Yes, maybe because of my allergy rhinitis. Every time I drink a cup of it, I would always sneeze and the uneasy feeling lasts until evening. Decaf coffee can’t help either. Sometimes when I indulge to at least 2 consecutive cups, I get this throbbing feeling and nervous palpitations. Tea-coffee? No, thanks!

Nakakainggit ang mga nagkakape!

No comments: