Friday, July 28, 2006

War

The Israeli-Hezbollah war has gotten deep into my nerves that I'm surfing more often now via my cellphone looking for its updates. Honestly, the ongoing war shifted my natural curiosity from pen collection to study of Israeli politics, middle east conflicts and the Caritas Lebanon. And war quotations. So, I'm posting these quotations from great names of what they say about war:

* The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting. -Sun Tzu
* An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind. -Mahatma Gandhi
* An unjust peace is better than a just war. -Cicero
* We are going to have peace even if we have to fight for it. -Dwight D. Eisenhower
* War can only be abolished through war, and in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun. -Mao Zedong
* We make war that we may live in peace. -Aristotle
* It is only the dead who have seen the end of war. -Plato
* I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Unfortunately (or lucky for you), I can't find one coming from Ms. Arroyo. Oh, I forgot, did I say quotations from great names?

1 comment:

DzooDzie said...

"I can't find one coming from Ms. Arroyo. Oh, I forgot, did I say quotations from great names?"

Jushmag! You're sooooo mean!!!! Ang saya-saya!!!