Thursday, March 16, 2006

Moreau Rouge

Sounds like Moulin Rouge, that Oscars awardee movie starring Nicole Kidman (Satine) and Ewan McGregor (Christian) where the famous line of Toulouse-Lautrec (John Leguizamo) was uttered, "There was a boy, a very strange enchanted boy..."

But, hell no, it has nothing to do with movies, or outrageous sets and costumes, frantic choreography, or endless variety of camera angles and editing tricks. Moreau Rouge is a cheap table wine with 12% vol. of alcohol my friend-boss recommended me so I get to sleep earlier than my usual slumber. Sometimes I wonder why cheap wines are much bitter than costlier ones, like say Asti. I assume sugar in France, or Spain, is costlier than in Italy where Novellino tastes better, not bitter. I don't know how wine should taste to be authentic, but given the fact that any beer is less healthier than wine, I'd rather prefer the taste of the latter than die sooner.

So there, so you'll know why I have 2 bottles of different wines in my ref. I feel groggy now but why should I care, it feels better than absorbing all the annoying farcical scandals and politickings in the Philippine government. Whacking your TV with empty wine bottle is another way of protecting your sanity from the evening news.

For now, I just hope to wake up in the morning with our lost cat returning home alive.




Btw, I feel flattered to be mentioned in Manuel L. Quezon III's blog (kahit link lang, at least nabasa nya) last December.

No comments: