Monday, December 04, 2006

Wi-Fi Galore

I bought many months ago this unlabeled silver Blue Argon laptop nearly size of a notebook in its 12" width. It made my PC at home almost extinct because aside from it being inconvenient to use with all the switches and cables, this laptop is far more faster and handy. But there's more to it than the advantage of being small. I made sure this laptop comes with a Wi-Fi and multiple USB ports for the mouse, the flashdisk and my phone's data cable (DKU 2) making my online life even more convenient, wherever.

A little secret to reveal. When I was in one Starbucks place in Makati, my laptop intercepted a free wi-fi, apparently from one of the offices nearby. Next day I tried connecting again, lo and behold it was still there, and free! One Sunday, after buying my toiletries, I tried dropping by again same place and found that the wi-fi is 7 days a week, almost 24-7 operational! I'm quite sure only a few Starbucks visitors with wi-fi-enabled laptops had noticed this that they still buy the wi-fi card. As for me, the effect is, I buy coffee as my passport to use the unlimited wi-fi, the electric outlet and the homey ambiance.

Three more peppermint mochas and I'm going to get my Starbucks organizer!

3 comments:

majamorena said...

hey, where is this? i might get a laptop soon.

joshjaena said...

text me na lang sis, i'm here now. got my starbucks organizer na din!

Nikki said...

Haha, cool! :D