Thursday, December 22, 2005

Happy to be Home

I'm never been so in demand this Christmas vacation.

My coming home to Iloilo has been compulsory due to my self-imposed rule: If I can't go home on November 1 for my father's grave, then I really have to fly home by December. Even before my father's death two years ago, I made it a point to go home to my family to spend my New Year, if not Christmas vacation. This year there's more reason to it. On Dec. 26 my alma matter in high school will have a grand reunion from graduates of 1950 until last year. Surprisingly I'm one of the 60 most outstanding alumni to be given a plaque. Two years ago, our batch had also a reunion where I relinquished my post as president to the current head. On Dec 29 I'll be attending another grand gathering in UP Visayas. This will be hosted by the UPV UP-SILAK Brotherhood residents. Being the new Chairman of UP-SILAK Diliman, and a true Ilonggo indigene, I'd be more happy to brush shoulders with my brothers there. Afterall, the gathering is in the spirit of fostering the Ilonggo tradition and making every member count, if not excel, in their respective communities/companies.

I just hope I still have enough money to buy me tickets back to Manila.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no wonder u know how to eat tambo! ilonggo ka gali? wahehehe! my mom hails from roxas city. been to iloilo twice. nice place. dun lang ako nakakita ng sm na hindi crowded! hek hek hek!

joshjaena said...

ang nanay ko taga Dumarao, a town in Capiz province.You should go there more often and discover your great ancestry... Soon they will build an Eastwood type din sa Iloilo. Gimik tayo dun! haha!