Friday, April 19, 2019

14 Days Since Botox, No Effect Yet

My Doctor said the Botox will start to take effect after 7 days from injection. I read somewhere it's 7 to 14 days. So when there was no effect in 7 days I said it could be in 14 days. Now is the 14th day since April 5 but the stomach contractions remain constant. Now I researched further how much longer Botox for muscle spasticity takes effect. Another source says: two to four weeks. "Botox is given by injection directly into the affected muscles. However, nerve endings usually grow new connections to muscles that have not yet been exposed to Botox. So, treatment may be repeated as often as every three months. Botox usually takes full effect within two to four weeks after injection." So there, I need to wait until 4 weeks or one month to  see the benefits of Botox. Meanwhile I can't walk, I can't stand longer and I just sit or lie down the rest of the day. For some one who is used to be up 6:00am and do hundreds of chores before retiring this is not acceptable. But here I am helpless, unproductive and mired in self pity. I really hope the Botox works so I can do pending jobs before my scheduled DBS. I really hope to get to my normal life again.

No comments: